Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello everyone!

I'm back in Sydney, home of the cheapest internet in Austrlia, so I thought I'd do an update.

Last week Krista and I did our second Surfaris trip, and it was amazing. The weather was gorgeous the whole time, the waves were fantastic, AND I could actually surf this time. Yes, that's right, I can actually surf!

Our group this time was a bit bigger, but super fun. I got to meet all sorts of cool people from all over the world (including someone who goes to Duke University! Duke is Duke!).

Friday night we got into Byron, and everyone enjoyed a hot shower and an early night. Saturday was just doing some errands and sweating, because its freaking hot. Saturday night we all got together and watched the video of our week, and had some drinks. And then we had a few more drinks, and somehow I ended up sleeping in a car in a field. But it's all good! Or at least it was until the 12 hour bus ride to Sydney started at 8am on Sunday morning. Urgh, is all I can say about that.

Anyways, because Krista is flying home super early Tuesday morning, we decided to splurge and stay in a hotel near the airport. Can I just say, that having your own shower is freaking awesome?! Hoohah to that!

We slept until a ridiculous hour this morning, and have done very little. I bought some chapstick. That's about it.

It looks like I will be heading up to Rainbow Beach tomorrow, and will meet up with this guy Jon I met on the surf trip. Despite being from Toronto, he's a pretty cool guy, and we're going to do Fraser Island together. For those not in the know, its the largest sand island in the world, and you can rent a 4x4 and drive around and camp and stuff. Its supposed to be a lot of fun.

Hopefully I will soon end up somewhere where I can load up my pictures! Cross your fingers!

2 Comments:

  • I also enjoyed Rainbow Beach. It's an uber small place though with not a lot except for a couple of shops on a strip eading up to the beach. The hostels there were good though. i think I stayed at some Coyote place. Make the hik eup to the Carlo SandBlow. It's pretty cool.

    Peace to the nations.
    Kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

  • hi sister.
    so i talked to mum today and she gave me the lowdown on the heat/the burning situation. she told me to go fake tanning (weird) and go out and party on wednesday night (the day before my english final. even weirder) i think shes gone crazy. dont tell her that tho. so i guess you've heard of the storm then. its crazy. campus has no power so i came to my roomies house where there is power. but there is excessive amounts of snow. it looks like it could turn into a situation similar tot he blizzard of 96. which weirdly enough was 10 years ago exactly. WEIRD. anyways im just procrastinating writting my paper/assignments/studying for my final. stupid. im gonna go now. i love you and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to come see you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home