Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Didya notice the pictures? I have a bunch more on my ipod, but getting them onto a public computer is a huge pain in the ass.

So I'll just have to tell you what I've been up to for the last week! We stayed in Byron Bay for the weekend and had a pretty fun time. Its SO busy! I did a little shopping, which resulted in some editing from my backpack. New bathing suit, new dress, new sweatshirt thing and a rashie, for surfing.

On Monday I headed to Evan's Head. Its about an hour south of Byron, and one of my surf instructors from Surfaris lives there and rents out rooms. I went with a couple of girls I met on the trip: Krista from New Brunswick, and Christine from Germany. We managed to get in a bit of surfing, as well as some serious relaxing. We also did a bit of exploring, including a hike over some gorgeous headlands. Its an amazing area. Evan's Head is also home to an air force base, and while we were having a picnic lunch on Thursday a bunch of jets flew right over us. So loud!

Anyways, Krista and I came back to Byron today, but only briefly. She has a friend who works in a hostel in Surfer's Paradise, so we're headed there tomorrow. We're thinking a week there, and then a week in Brisbane. After that we are thinking of maybe doing another Surfaris.

Right now its pouring out (tropical rain style), so I'm not sure if our plans to hit up the tourist bar, the Cheeky Monkey are going to pan out. Sadly, I am an ill-prepared backpacker with no rain coat.

For now I'm going to go dig up some dinner. Hope everyone's well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home