Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh my god. I just wrote this huge long post, and then it disappeared!

I'm not going to re-write the whole thing, so I'll just give a brief rundown for youse.

Saturday night: drank too much wine in a box, ate french fries from Hungry Jacks, which is what Burger King is called here because some guy in the Northern Territory owns the copyright to the name.

Sunday: hung over, read my book, did nothing much. Also did not get to sleep at all because of the insanely loud snoring of a Scotsman.

Monday: Went to Australia Museum which had cool exhibits about dinosaurs and also Aboriginal peoples. Ate lunch and then hit up the Art Gallery of New South Wales. I didn't see everything, but that's okay, because it's free. So I'll be heading back there later this week.

In other news, I've figured out what I'm going to do next. I've signed up with this company called Surfaris, so starting next Monday, I'll be camping out and learning to surf for five days straight. It sounds awesome.

Okay, I'm going to go write some postcards. If you want one, send your address!

4 Comments:

  • Wow. Australia. Way to be Ali.

    As a big museum fan, I'm envious of all the touring you've done so far. Sounds like you're having a blast.

    I may have told you this in Victoria, but the two jobs my friend Karen worked while in Oz were mango picking and administrative stuff at some sort of mine. If you want details, let me know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

  • Blogs are so cool!
    it is so... that book i read but can't remember the name of it. kind of .
    does that make sense? wow, it totally sounded like a book! im a kid sort of and i would readit!
    you will have a blast surfing. dont forget its gonna be unfair and miserable for the 1st half day at least. but then it gets so fun!. be a pro by the time we are there.
    midterm Tues, wed, fri. studied for : midterm tues.
    rats.
    your life is cooler. its very cabbagy around here
    love cloe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 PM  

  • Cloe, please use less crack.

    By Blogger bookstore girl, at 12:26 PM  

  • sisterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! wow. cloe really needs to ease off the crack. i think its the crack mixed with a lack of sleep altogether. silly cloe.
    anyways i sent you an email with pictures of the new hair. yes indeed i cut it. all off. but im not really sure of what the whole deal is...like are you checking your email and just not writting back, or not checking it at all. or what. im confused. that seems to happen often tho.
    anyways i miss you. come back....or i should come there, OH WAIT, I AM!!! woop woooooop. anyways now we can make fun of cloe even more for being different cause she is the only family member left with long hair. ha ha. k its not funny, but we have a few months to think of sweet jokes.

    anyways i heart you. and your blog is sweet. k im gonna stop rambling. ta ta

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home