Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So today was another step in getting ready to go on my trip. My friend Sam took my truck to have a mechanic check it out. And if the mechanic gives it the thumbs up, it won't be my truck anymore, it will be Sam's. Although I know I don't need it anymore, I will miss this truck. It was the first (and only) car I've ever owned, and it’s been through a lot with me. I even drove it most of the way across the country a few years back! And there was the time I toyed with turning it into a convertible. Yeah, I know it would have been hideous, but it also would have been incredibly awesome! Also, I have just realized I don't have a picture of the truck. This will obviously have to be rectified before I hand things over.

One of my favourite things about my truck (beyond the fact that it really is a great vehicle) is the way people react to it. Something about being a young woman with a truck makes people look twice at you. Like maybe you are worth taking another look at. Its fun to surprise people: to have people think they have you pegged and then shock them out of it.


So not quite RIP blue truck (although I can't imagine its going to be too much longer), but this is the end my friend, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home