Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Now that I'm back in civilization, I thought I'd write out an entry. I've just spent the last week camping out and surfing. It was really awesome. I've got some photos that I'll try and upload later.

I got picked up in Sydney on Monday morning, and we drove out to Point Plomer, which is a national park in the middle of nowhere. Sixteen of us were camping there, and we started surfing right away.

On Wednesday we moved to another park, but this one had some crazy spelling with lots of y's and a's, and I'm not even going to attempt it here. I met my goal of standing up on Thursday, which was super exciting.



By Friday afternoon, I was more desperate for a hot shower than I've ever been in my life. Fortunately we got dropped off here at the Arts Factory Hostel about 6ish on Friday. This place is awesome. Its like a hippie village, and the hostel has a pool! Plus its only about 10 minutes from the beach.

Today we hit the beach, and I'm doing some much needed laundry (it rained while we were camping. My towel has been wet for three days in a row), and maybe going for a swim in the poool later on. Also, tonight we'll be meeting up with our surf instructors for dinner and drinks, and to view the movie they shot of us. They filmed us all week, and then we can buy the dvd for $50. I wasn't going to get it at first, but I decided to go for it, since I didn't get a chance to take too many videos.



Anyways, I'm here in Byron Bay for at least a week (its a pretty cool town, and I can see myself staying here for longer). After that I'm off to Brisbane, so if anybody's going to be there in a week or two, let me know!

4 Comments:

  • ok so i was getting really worried that you were dead. seriously. i wrote mum an email about it earlier. so i commented on an earlier post, and no reply....you shopuld go read it, it was sweet. anyways check your email if you can cause i cut my hair really short about a week and a half ago and i want you to see it and judge me. and on that note are you checking your email and just not replying, or not checking it at all.

    i miss you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

  • ok so i was getting really worried that you were dead. seriously. i wrote mum an email about it earlier. so i commented on an earlier post, and no reply....you shopuld go read it, it was sweet. anyways check your email if you can cause i cut my hair really short about a week and a half ago and i want you to see it and judge me. and on that note are you checking your email and just not replying, or not checking it at all.

    i miss you

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

  • Hey,

    The surfing was probably amazing eh? I am quite jealous of your surfing adventure as my only recent adventure was driving home tonight in Winnipeg's first blizzard of the winter!.

    Jeff

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • POST MORE ON THE BLOGGGGGGGGG!

    i need more sister updates. im getting sad without you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home