Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Monday, November 06, 2006

Okay, this is a super speedy update, because the internet here is crazy expensive!

I'm now in Surfer's Paradise. Ironically named because apparently it is home of some of the worst surf on the East coast. There's lots of other stuff here. Its a big party town, and I will admit to getting pretty drunk on $10 jugs of beer last night. We've also done some pretty serious beach lying, and some shopping. The shopping is totally justifiable though, because tomorrow is Melbourne Cup day!

Melbourne Cup is like a huge horse racing thing here. All over the country people get dressed up and go out and drink all day and watch horse racing. Hats are de rigeur. So I got myself a nice little polka dotted dress and today I bought my first lady hat. Apparently about 15, 000 people are expected at the racing track tomorrow (just imagine what its like in Melbourne!)

There's lots of other stuff going on here, too. This week we're going to try and hit up Sea World, Wet n' Wild water park, some islands with dolphins and snorkeling, and a wildlife reserve. I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

In other news, my skin is peeling like nobody's business. Its super gross, and weird because its not peeling in the places where I've gotten burned!

Wish me luck pretending to be a fancy grown-up type tomorrow!

1 Comments:

  • i cant even begin to tell you how jealous i am.

    first of all. yay for lady hats, and grown up adventures. take lots of pictures. and what kind of polka dot dress is this? and can i borrow/steal it?

    second of all, its raining here. soooooo hard. its like the skys job is to make me as wet as possible. and let me tell you its doing a damn good job. my pants/shoes are going to be wet for the rest of winter. i hate rain.

    anyways i have a midterm tomorrow and wednesday that i just porbably stop procrastinating for. wish me luck!

    have fun being old! hehehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home