Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hello everyone!

Okay, I'd first like to address the lack of pictures going on. Here is the problem: most public internet stations do not allow you to plug in USB cords. Which means that I have a ton of pictures on my camera, but cannot get them onto the website. So stop your bitching! There is nothing I can do about this! As soon as I get to a computer where this is possible, I will post them. I promise.

Now for the update. On Monday Krista, Anna (German) and I went to check out the Art Gallery of Queensland. Rumoured to be free. Sadly, its closed till early December. So instead we hit up the Queensland Museum. Also free. While we were there, we saw the Ashes. For those of you not in the know, the Ashes are the ashes of some cricket wickets. From a game that was played many many years ago between England and Australia. Apparently, the Aussies won, and the English were so upset they burned the ashes of the losing wickets. Now the Ashes are the trophy of a big cricket game that's played every now and then. And they're currently in Brisbane, as the big game will be played there shortly. Wow, that was almost as boring as the game of cricket itself!

Anyways, the museum was cool.

On Tuesday we went shopping. Yes, I am weak. What can I say. I did manage to avoid buying a lot of stuff, though. Yay me!

Wednesday we took the train to the Australia Zoo, home of Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter. Or it was anyways, before he died. There were a lot of cool animals, and they do a pretty good job of having animals in appropriate habitats, and educating about habitat preservation and such.

Thursday I took it easy, and then we went out at night and met up with some friends. Which meant that I also took Friday pretty easy.

Today (Saturday), Krista and I took the longest bus ever to Byron Bay, and we'll leave tomorrow morning on our second Surfaris trip. Consequently, no internet access till Friday night, so be keeping that in mind!

1 Comments:

  • Good on ya for seeing the ashes. But I want pictures, dammit.

    By Blogger Pete, at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home