Off Like a Dirty Shirt

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hello from sweaty Brisbane!

I got here last night after an amazing day at Wet 'n Wild waterpark. Lucky for me the hostel is air conditioned, because its crazy hot here. Last night, Krista, her friend Dave and I went out for some very tasty Chinese food, and then we hit up a pub called the Elephant and Wheelbarrow. It was unlike any pub I've ever been to, as they were playing all the same music you would hear at a club. What? But then a cover band went on, and they were pretty good.

After a bit of confusion with room arrangements this morning, I walked down to the grocery store. Its really far away. A really sweaty far awayness.

Once I got back to the hostel, I went for a swim in the hostel pool, and met up with my friend Ben. He's American, and we met in Sydney. Together with another Canadian and a couple of Germans, we hit up the last day of the Brisbane Food & Drink show.

The Food & Drink show is a smorgasboard of free samples, so we definitely took advantage of that. And then when the show ended everything got crazy cheap. So dinner tonight is a million different kinds of dip and crackers, as well as some wine.

On that note, I'm off to get that set up!

2 Comments:

  • i hate midterms, papers, rain, cold, not sleeping, practice twice a day, and class...and I MISS MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!

    cant wait to see you. we should start a countdown or something. that would be sweeeeeeeeeet.

    ps what do you want for xmas?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

  • pictures!!! we want more pictures!!! i keep checking this blog compulsively, and yet there is no photographic evidence of you getting all dressed up. let's see them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home